Paintings profile view

I also heard that you were thinking of posting up the remaining signature. Seems nice. Could we do that? RM

Island, Malmö (18-21 April)
_________________

Spirit level faulty, but used as a prop for the map piece.

Decided not to install all 20 prints at once due to space. First 5 installed will continue to change.

Installation measurements not made, but prints hung at 1655mm.

18th (Opening night)

19 people

19th

2 people

Some visitor comments...

Re: the Island show

- Unnecessarily complicated

Re: the signing piece

- This is not your art, this is my art because I have signed it, it is my gesture, my work, my expression.

- It never was his art.
_________________

Paintings profile view

What is private and what is public? Who owns what and where? Is ownership something that can be understood legislatively, or is it more elusive? These are sensitive pressure points for
contemporary life. In a special exhibition format, Susie Thomas (NZ) and Roman Mitch (SWE, NZ) interrogate the relationships between private and public, here and there, mine and yours, theirs and ours. Its called Island, and it is a two-space show taking place in a university exhibition space in Auckland and in an apartment in Malmö at the same time.

22.04.08 - 02.05.08

Onsite & Online /

Island
Roman Mitch &